Our newest member of the Institute of Our Lady of Mercy, Nicole visited Mercy International Centre in Dublin recently.
This was the original House of Mercy began by Venerable Catherine McAuley in 1827 when she opened her doors to the poor and vulnerable.
It became the first Convent of Mercy on 12th December 1831. From Baggot Street, Dublin many convents were founded both in Ireland and gradually across the whole world.
All Sisters of Mercy have a special connection to this first Convent of Mercy and Catherine’s final resting place.